Quick lift question

Post your questions about your suspension and steering problems here!
ferris
Suzuki Guru
Suzuki Guru

Quick lift question

Post by ferris » Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:24 pm

Hello again. I have a add a leaf kit on its way from Llama 4x4, should be here any day now. From what i have read it could give me anything from 1" to 3" of lift. Will i need to extend my brake hoses??
86 SJ413 tin top, 1.6 8v, SU carb, YJ spring conversion, virtual lift, 33x12.5x15 KL71's, rocklobster, rear discs, power steering.

ScottieJ
The Boss
The Boss

Re: Quick lift question

Post by ScottieJ » Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:35 pm

fit it and flex her up on full lock then you'll see :lol:
Zuki Build

Steady as she goes!

4eye
SCUK Addict
SCUK Addict

Post by 4eye » Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:26 pm

My mate had them from llama,I'm pretty sure he never had to, you'll soon find out. :lol:

your stuff probably came over with mine...so its in england....should have it by friday.......hopefully!

Hope you got some clamp's of some sort...... It was a fun job gettin them on! :lol: :lol:
ITS NOT LEAKING OIL...........SHE'S MARKIN HER TERRITORY!!!!!!!!

my ride.........:4eye:

+2 lift....grizzley boots is all i need!

bourneyo
The Boss
The Boss

Post by bourneyo » Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:17 am

oooo were all waitin for parcells from dave! :)

my AaL should also be here soon!, I dont think you will need extended lines, but if you do dave will be the man to speek to, I have had a set from him and they are spot on!

Dan 8-)
http://www.suzukiclubuk.co.uk the new home for your suzuki sj

4eye
SCUK Addict
SCUK Addict

Post by 4eye » Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:03 am

Fingers crossed for a delivery tomorrow.......tax is being done today, rest of work being done on sat, and need to paint! Hopefully mud on sunday! :P
ITS NOT LEAKING OIL...........SHE'S MARKIN HER TERRITORY!!!!!!!!

my ride.........:4eye:

+2 lift....grizzley boots is all i need!

ScottieJ
The Boss
The Boss

Post by ScottieJ » Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:34 pm

yup just got off the phone to Dave myself,what a nice chap! I've got some new braided lines are on their way to me thanks to a bit of an accident involving the rear brakeline being used as an earth strap whilst doing a bit of welding :lol: :oops: :lol:
Zuki Build

Steady as she goes!

ferris
Suzuki Guru
Suzuki Guru

Post by ferris » Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:37 pm

Fingers crossed i wont need them then. Looks like we are all going to have busy weekend if Dave pulls through with the goods :P
86 SJ413 tin top, 1.6 8v, SU carb, YJ spring conversion, virtual lift, 33x12.5x15 KL71's, rocklobster, rear discs, power steering.

ferris
Suzuki Guru
Suzuki Guru

Post by ferris » Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:44 pm

Going to be fitting my add-a leaf-kit this weekend 8-) . Just been reading a few posts on difflock, there was some talk of extending the bump stops or the original leafs may bend under too much flex. Any one got any thoughts on this???

bourneyo
The Boss
The Boss

Post by bourneyo » Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:26 am

I fitted my AaL today. i dont currently have any bumpstops at all, something i need to look at. a couple of pointers, dont use a cheap G-clamp, managed to snap mine today, use a vice, does a much easier job. I also found that the bolts supplied with the kit the thread isn't long enough so if you got a die set extend them a lil bit or go to a motorfactors and get some new ones.

Dan 8-)
http://www.suzukiclubuk.co.uk the new home for your suzuki sj

carnut
Can I have a tow
Can I have a tow

Post by carnut » Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:22 pm

some 40x40 box section, drill same holes as in bump stops, fit box, then fit bump stop back on. sorted,, lowererd stops,, and yes you do need them to stop the springs folding.
andy
ferris wrote:Going to be fitting my add-a leaf-kit this weekend 8-) . Just been reading a few posts on difflock, there was some talk of extending the bump stops or the original leafs may bend under too much flex. Any one got any thoughts on this???