Cant get running after conversion

Engine not running right? see if we can help you!
hamishh
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Cant get running after conversion

Post by hamishh » Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:17 am

So i finally made progress on the zook today, got the 1600 mounted to gear box after some rangi mods to make it fit. wired up the starting circut and cranked her over but she only runs on sniffing ether! Tried both ways the solenoid on the carb but no difference. I do diesel by trade so not so clued on about the lil old petrol and carb. Any tip on vaccume or fuel maybe. I think issue is in carb but i dont know

Anton
I spend far too much time on here
I spend far too much time on here

Re: Cant get running after conversion

Post by Anton » Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:24 pm

I'm guessing that "sniffing ether" is easystart? If so, and she'll run ok on that stuff (like, she runs until you stop spraying it into the intake) then I'd say you're not getting fuel through the carb. Most likely that's a broken fuel pump.

Do you know if it's running the standard mechanical fuel pump? I ditched the mechanical fuel pump and went with a Facet electric fuel pump just below the tank on the rear chassis rail. If you get an electric fuel pump - don't get anything cheap. Get a proper Facet pump.
1985 SJ413VX (SJ50V) with SPOA, rear disc brakes, 31x10.5R15 Kaiman Malatesta tyres, an MOT and a lot left to do!

My: Build thread To-do list Pay and Play map