Halo Style Roll cages F.A.O. Parrot

Not covered by any of categories below, want a winch or need to buy some recovery gear then your question goes in here!

You will also find online parts catalogues, Service manuals and a other useful info here.
ScottieJ
The Boss
The Boss

Halo Style Roll cages F.A.O. Parrot

Post by ScottieJ » Thu May 12, 2011 11:45 am

Parrot & I were talking about 'Halo' style cages the other week and whether or not we thought they were a good design to use for a cage.

I think if you did one like this I would trust it a lot more than the usual style without the B-hoop.

What do you think Parrot?

This is the type of 'Halo' design Cage without a B-hoop that I'm not sure I would like to trust in a bad roll over.

What are other peoples opinions on halo style cages?
Zuki Build

Steady as she goes!

Henry
Suzuki Guru
Suzuki Guru

Re: Halo Style Roll cages F.A.O. Parrot

Post by Henry » Thu May 12, 2011 7:57 pm

They look more side impact that rolls. Im guessing that its a complete hoop above your head with legs?

parrotveasey81
Can I have a tow
Can I have a tow

Post by parrotveasey81 » Wed May 18, 2011 8:06 pm

yea the top one is how i would like mine,the other one is ok but for me i would want brace's on the top of the uprights and they both could do with cross basrs to help take the load of a big roll

rockwatt
Recommended Trader
Recommended Trader

Post by rockwatt » Thu May 19, 2011 11:31 am

much better and stronger like this.
To get the same strength from a halo you would need a double triangulated B pillers.
IMO of course
Rocklobster gears , refurb cases , dual cases , su manifolds , jimny rocklobster conversions inc speedo drive, t/case heavy duty mounting arms and rock buckets, bespoke fabrications and machining,
Contact me for details.

parrotveasey81
Can I have a tow
Can I have a tow

Post by parrotveasey81 » Thu May 19, 2011 8:36 pm

rockwatt wrote:much better and stronger like this.
To get the same strength from a halo you would need a double triangulated B pillers.
IMO of course

:smokin:
i take it when you say double triangulated B pillers you mean the cross in the b pillers :er: like what i said above

rockwatt
Recommended Trader
Recommended Trader

Post by rockwatt » Thu May 19, 2011 11:43 pm

parrotveasey81 wrote: :smokin:
i take it when you say double triangulated B pillers you mean the cross in the b pillers :er: like what i said above
Sorry i meant A pillers.

You realy do need a full b hoop with at least one diagnal and if you go for a halo on the front half the it should realy have double A pillers ie a normal raked + one upright as the time a front halo will fail is doing a front endo. You should also have atleast one diag in the roof section. A cental strait roof bar does nothing.
Rocklobster gears , refurb cases , dual cases , su manifolds , jimny rocklobster conversions inc speedo drive, t/case heavy duty mounting arms and rock buckets, bespoke fabrications and machining,
Contact me for details.

parrotveasey81
Can I have a tow
Can I have a tow

Post by parrotveasey81 » Fri May 20, 2011 9:18 am

rockwatt wrote:
Sorry i meant A pillers.

You realy do need a full b hoop with at least one diagnal and if you go for a halo on the front half the it should realy have double A pillers ie a normal raked + one upright as the time a front halo will fail is doing a front endo. You should also have atleast one diag in the roof section. A cental strait roof bar does nothing.

:er: any chance you can do a pic of what you mean,im haveing a blonde moment :oops:

rockwatt
Recommended Trader
Recommended Trader

Post by rockwatt » Fri May 20, 2011 1:32 pm

rockwatt wrote:
Sorry i meant A pillers.

Double a pillers like this woyld be needed to get the same strength as a A hoop or one piece side rails.
If you look at the pic i posted above with carfull placing of the front cross bar then you can get the look of a halo with the strength of one piece side rails or A hoop.
Contact me for details.

parrotveasey81
Can I have a tow
Can I have a tow

Post by parrotveasey81 » Fri May 20, 2011 9:59 pm

rockwatt wrote:
rockwatt wrote:
Sorry i meant A pillers.

Double a pillers like this woyld be needed to get the same strength as a A hoop or one piece side rails.
If you look at the pic i posted above with carfull placing of the front cross bar then you can get the look of a halo with the strength of one piece side rails or A hoop.

8-) i was thinking it was how you said it was 2 a pillers each side.

:er: now do i go for a piller lift-right or front-back :er: the thing is i want mine to hug the body as best as pos so what do you reckon is the best option

rockwatt
Recommended Trader
Recommended Trader

Post by rockwatt » Sat May 21, 2011 10:53 pm

parot the one in the pic i posted above fits about as close as you will get

Contact me for details.