yoo :)

New to SCUK.co.uk? say hello, give us an idea of who you are, and show us a pic of your pride and joy. were friendly and wont bite!
mathewh09
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

yoo :)

Post by mathewh09 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:21 pm

well well well :roll: got a little sj the other day it rocks it rolls and it shakes :twisted: but im starting to love it if im honest :shock: its got an external rollcage allterrain tyres and its lifted on them shackle things :slap: well i have a list in my head wat i wanna do but theres too many to list 8-) firstly wanna replace them poop shackles with add a leafes hear some gd things about them on here also do the front wheel bearings and kingpins so it goes in a straightish line :roll: ill try get some pics up asap but i think you all know wat they look like lol also i have a transfer box i need to replace the old one with just wondering if theres any way i can tell if its a 410 or 413 one cheers matt oh and by the way this is a quality forum you have here seem like a freindly bunch :lol:

4eye
SCUK Addict
SCUK Addict

Re: yoo :)

Post by 4eye » Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:36 pm

:welcome: :welcome: :welcome: to the forum!

I'll be the first but not the last to say........GET A PICCY UP OF YER TRUCK we loves the :snap: :snap: :snap: here at SCUK!! :twisted: :P :twisted:
ITS NOT LEAKING OIL...........SHE'S MARKIN HER TERRITORY!!!!!!!!

my ride.........:4eye:

+2 lift....grizzley boots is all i need!

Russ24
Can I have a tow
Can I have a tow

Post by Russ24 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:43 pm

hey hey welcome to SCUK.

pics of yee zook would be nice to see the beast.
:russ:

ferris
Suzuki Guru
Suzuki Guru

Post by ferris » Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:16 pm

:welcome: :welcome: Welcome to the club mate. Looking forward to seeing some pics :P
86 SJ413 tin top, 1.6 8v, SU carb, YJ spring conversion, virtual lift, 33x12.5x15 KL71's, rocklobster, rear discs, power steering.

Edweird
Suzuki, will you marry me?

Post by Edweird » Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:27 pm

:welcome: Nice to meet ya. :welcome:

First rule: Pics!

As to 1.0 or 1.3, I'd say there's a handful of basic things that could point towards either, but are not garentees. 4-speed 'box points at 1.0, anti-roll bar at the front is likely 1.3, handbrake position: rear propshaft = 1.0, rear drums = 1.3.

That's all I can think of without actually checking the engine.
There's three ways of doing things:

The right way,
The wrong way
And my way, which is like the wrong way but faster.

Tramp

Post by Tramp » Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:18 am

Edweird wrote::welcome: Nice to meet ya. :welcome:

First rule: Pics!

As to 1.0 or 1.3, I'd say there's a handful of basic things that could point towards either, but are not garentees. 4-speed 'box points at 1.0, anti-roll bar at the front is likely 1.3, handbrake position: rear propshaft = 1.0, rear drums = 1.3.

That's all I can think of without actually checking the engine.
the only thing is I think they did some cross over 413's with the brake on the t box,

Also.... a 410 has verticle slat grills wheras a 413 has a plastic section grill with horizontal slats, instead,

The easiest thing to do first is to find out if its a samurai or not, because all the samurai's have the 1.3 engine (and they are the easiest to identify) The Samurai has a 1.3 engine and is the follow up model to the 413, it has badges on the wings saying 'samurai' also the bonnet has a 'bulge' in it, (410s & 413s are flat sometimes with a suzuki badge on the leading edge) the wheel arches are flared and bigger and they have a plastic trim around the sills and plastic corners on the bumpers, later samurai's have a different grill (usually showing that they have an injection engine).

and then if you decide its not a samurai take a look at the engine, 410's have suzuki cast into the rocker cover wheras 413's dont

ps

welcome to the site

ScottieJ
The Boss
The Boss

Post by ScottieJ » Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:05 am

Howdy! Welcome to scuk.

I think he means how do I tell what tbox I've got :mrgreen:

The only way you can really tell is by the ratios so you'll need to unlock the front hubs if it has them, jack the rear wheels up. (or disconnect the props) then put it in Lo and the input should
spin exactly 2.5 turns to every 1 turn of the output if you have a 410 tbox.

Scott
Zuki Build

Steady as she goes!

Tramp

Post by Tramp » Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:58 am

ScottieJ wrote:
of course he does! :oops: :oops: :oops:

mathewh09
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by mathewh09 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:37 pm

:welcome:
ScottieJ wrote:Howdy! Welcome to scuk.

The only way you can really tell is by the ratios so you'll need to unlock the front hubs if it has them, jack the rear wheels up. (or disconnect the props) then put it in Lo and the input should
spin exactly 2.5 turns to every 1 turn of the output if you have a 410 tbox.

Scott
youve got it lmao
i havent really got a choice as it happens whether its the 410 or not as it came with it and the one inits rodgered.
also rang up llama 4x4 seems a nice chap but cant get me any add a leafes for 3 weeks :(
ill get some pics this weekend as im doing some bits to it oh and dont expect a minter its not just good fun :mrgreen:
cheers for the :welcome: guys
matt

ROBBIE
I spend far too much time on here
I spend far too much time on here

Post by ROBBIE » Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:05 pm

:welcome: now we need piccys :lol:
Sid James gone but never forgotten
Jimny 1.6 not as good as an SJ but still good