Tom's 85' SJ413 (Shake,Rattle,Roll) NOW UP FOR SALE

Got an vehicle build underway? post up pictures and tell us all how its going!

Builds threads only please.
turbo-tom
I spend far too much time on here

Re: Tom's 85' SJ413 Build- Starting again!

Post by turbo-tom » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:02 pm

I got the fans off fleebay and im gunna see how they go if there shit ill spash the cash on better ones , and to be honest there in the process! if being painted as we speak about time i down then :lol:
Tom :)

Ford Fiesta ST :D

turbo-tom

Post by turbo-tom » Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:57 am

Today i have finally got around to fitting the bonnet pins i have had for ages just never got around to doing them as my bonnet pull broke many moons ago, and tomorrow im going to wire in my electrics fans and then she is a runner! :D

Last edited by turbo-tom on Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

turbo-tom

Post by turbo-tom » Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:28 pm

Twin electric fans fitted wired ticked of the list job done!, that was fun wiring them up! :lol:

Anywhoo the person who wired my previous battery split charge up wired it back to front, no warning lights or isolators to shut it down etc etc and to top it off they just mounted the battery on top of the wing a duck knows how it didnt more or short out on the bonnet!,

anyways i have fabricated a battery tray out of 3mm aluminuim chequer plate secured by 6 10mm bolts so i dont think that will be moving in a hurry :lol: also i have maded a battery clamp to secure the battery, (not in the pic)

Also im going putting something "digital" in the old lady watch this space :brows:

turbo-tom

Post by turbo-tom » Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:42 pm

right its not perfect the battery tray but nothing on my truck is its like me not perfect! bit like some dogs look like there owners. well i look like my truck sometimes :lol:

well i had to move my 2nd washer bottle to locate the battery were it fitted best.However this meant i have to make a bracket for it to hang on also i made the battery clamp same as my other one and painted it lellow.
by the way the battery does sit straight in the tray it just looks a bit pissed ion the side

well here comes the digital stuff i was going to use my old split charge system but i just fancied a change nothing wrong with it just i dont know. anyways i looked around and i settled on a T-max digital split charge system i shopped around and got it a price i was happy to pay, and wow what a sturdy peice of kit it is! it has a main solinod display screen that looks well smart!

this is the solinod i opted to mount it on the bulk head but i guess it could go anway as there give you quite abit of battery cable!

And this is the best bit mounted proud on my dash! i love this bit it sounds gay i know but still it gives you a really good idea whats happening with the charging system!

Jordi
Bow down before me
Bow down before me

Post by Jordi » Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:36 pm

I like those battery fitments, nice and tidy in the engine bay. When i fit the 1600 i want to paint and tidy mine up.

As for the split charge wotsit. Yup, gay, but the kinda crap we all want. Monitoring our babys vital statistics.

Is the whole split charge system from tmax?

Cheers
Jordi
1988 Samurai - Truck Cab & Tray Back - 1.6 8v & HIF44 - Snorkel - Stack Exhaust - PAS, YJs & 33s - Trussed, Gusseted & Pumpkin Capped Axles - 4.3 R&Ps - 4.16 T/Box - Rear Air Locker - Full Float Back Axle & Discs - RCV Front Shafts - X-Eng Handbrake - Custom Fuel Tank

turbo-tom

Post by turbo-tom » Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:53 pm

Jordi wrote:I like those battery fitments, nice and tidy in the engine bay. When i fit the 1600 i want to paint and tidy mine up.
As for the split charge wotsit. Yup, gay, but the kinda crap we all want. Monitoring our babys vital statistics.
Is the whole split charge system from tmax?

Cheers
Jordi
yeah i was surprised how my tray turned out not that bad being its made out of scrap off cuts! , yeah my bay is far from tidy but its okay! haha. and exactly id rather spend a few quid on something that is going to monitor something to save me doing it! and yeah i bought the whole kit from t max! but you need about a week to work out the wiring diagrams for it :lol:

Anton

Post by Anton » Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:25 am

turbo-tom wrote:Today i have finally got around to fitting the bonnet pins i have had for ages just never got around to doing them as my bonnet pull broke many moons ago, and tomorrow im going to wire in my electrics fans and then she is a runner! :D

I have a set of those holding my bonnet down too - but mine are bright fluorescent purple. Don't ask me why, I guess something in my malfunctioning brain decided that was a good idea at the time. :|
1985 SJ413VX (SJ50V) with SPOA, rear disc brakes, 31x10.5R15 Kaiman Malatesta tyres, an MOT and a lot left to do!

My: Build thread To-do list Pay and Play map

turbo-tom

Post by turbo-tom » Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:53 pm

Anton wrote: I have a set of those holding my bonnet down too - but mine are bright fluorescent purple. Don't ask me why, I guess something in my malfunctioning brain decided that was a good idea at the time. :|
Yeah i thought the blue would look allright it does but there rather flimlsey so i guess only time will tell how long they will last :lol:

ROBBIE

Post by ROBBIE » Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:57 pm

I got a red set of them bonnet pins first bit of sun they faded to pink :roll:
Sid James gone but never forgotten
Jimny 1.6 not as good as an SJ but still good

dazerede
Suzuki, will you marry me?
Suzuki, will you marry me?

Post by dazerede » Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:22 pm

ROBBIE wrote:I got a red set of them bonnet pins first bit of sun they faded to pink :roll:
:hahaha: :hahaha:
Don't lie Robbie they where pink when u put them on :cowboy::
Suzuki Sj 410 Jap Built
Recaro Seats Fitted
Landini Blue Colour
Full rollcage and winch bumper
1.6 8v vitara lump with su carb
4” calmini lift kit :)
235/75/15 insa turbo special tracks
99.9% Rust Free
BUILT NOT BOUGHT